Thursday, March 30, 2006

 

Spectrum colors of the month (finally)

I joined the Project Spectrum, and here's my report for March, so far. March colors are pink and red. I keep forgetting that the pictures load on top of each other (at least the way I do it) in the first example, the yarn is shown below the item woven with it. I didn't show the yarn spun from the fleece samples---some of it hasn't been spun yet. Stroller blanket in progress. Stroller blankets are narrower than regular sized baby blankets. The baby blankets are also a softer pink or blue. Finished ones are in the washer. Yarn shown below. I did pink, blue, and red/yellow/navy for "don't know yets".
HOT PINK (and blue) cotton yarn for baby blankets
Jaywalker socks (sorry, I haven't figured out links yet, but you can google it), in a pink Opal yarn (the band fell off). I sound pretty pathetic here.
Roving I dyed myself. On the right, I was trying for yellow/red/orange, but the yellow kinda disappeared into the orange. Better luck next time.
little nests of roving that I dyed myself in bright primary colors . This dyeing was painted roving. The red/orange above was submersion dyeing. I think the painted roving has better, brighter color definition.
Cross stitch picture for my SIL's birthday (in July). Hopefully I'll be done by then! Pink for the watermelon.

Next month the colors are yellow and orange. Fortunately, my fiber guild (Potomac Craftsman) project for this year incorporates at least one of these colors. More to follow!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?